There may be demands that for which you need cash. Cash is not always readily available. However, if you have gold, you have money. Gold is actual money. You can get easy money for gold that you possess. It could either be a loan or you could also sell your gold for a price to jewellery buyers. You can also look forward to earn profits when gold prices are high. People also sell gold when they realise that it is dead money lying in the closet. Though reasons are many and selling or pawning gold for money is a common practice, one has to be cautious for such dealings to get a fair price for your valuables.
To get money for gold, you first need to ascertain what all you are willing to part with. You have to gather all the gold that you want to sell and head to a jewellery buyer. Make sure you opt for a professional and reliable jewellery buyer as trust, honesty and transparency are crucial in such dealings. Before you approach a jewellery buyer, you ought to stamps, bills, certificates, etc. certifying the weight, value, carat of the gold that you now want to sell. You can get easy loans for short durations up to a couple of years. You can repay your loan to get back the gold.
You can get good value for your gold only from distinguished names in the business. Due to quick money, many frauds also take place. It is important to exercise all caution before actually opting for money for gold. Visit several buyers to know who is offering you the best price. Also you need to pay attention to the fact that your gold is weighed and valued at the same unit. For e.g weighing and valuing both should either be in ounces or pennyweight or grams. Jewellery should be separated and weighed according to their karats.
Buying gold can be quite a big task given the present day market scenario. Gold prices have been falling internationally and buyers are flocking to gold selling companies, wholesalers and retailers. The best way in all of this is to find ways of buying ingots:
Here are a few points that might help you:
- Always set a tight budget when you buy gold ingots. This is an investment which should carry a hefty price tag. In order to buy the best, you should try buying stuff that is risk free and allows you to earn profits much later.
- Monitor the spot price for the yellow metal on a particular day when you are getting ready to buy a gold ingot. Spot price happens to be the wholesale price of gold in the market. You should be able to understand the many fluctuations that gold undergoes in the international market.
- Always check the prices online and figure out websites such as Ebay which regularly state the price of the yellow metal. Many people also frequent gold auctions. These auctions are a good way to buy your gold ingots. The shrewd gold buyer monitors the gold prices on the net and attends auctions or sales.
- Check the sale of gold ingots over the Nucleo Exchange on Bullion Direct. Some also check the available list of gold inventories of precious metal exchanges in many stock markets of the world. This can be a good start. Make sure you know the fact that generic ingots are purchased for more than the melt value of the gold. Another good reason why you should keep a check on stock markets is because that way you can buy when prices plunge and this could be a very useful opportunity.
There are a large number of gold buyers in the market. You need to be shrewd with the prices and never quote anything that can be less than what you deserve. Here are a few reminders that can go a long way in ensuring you get the best price:
- Learn to check your merchandise and know what purity your gold has in the current market. You should be aware of the fact that some gold jewellery can be actually be vintage pieces that require extra attention and care. This can also be true for high-end watches and accessories. If you have premium jewellery and gold encrusted items, make sure you receive top payment and not go to a run of the mill gold melt shop.
- Always understand the weighing process and get the prices checked before you go on a selling spree. Quoting the right price is imperative if you want to sell the best and receive great prices. The finer units of measurement should be mastered and dealers with whom you are ready to make deals with should be weighing the items and testing them in front of your eyes.
- Always compare the prices well in advance. Check out all the stores in your neighborhood and find out whether the estimates given by each dealer match your expectations. The better the price, the better your deal. Make sure the best bargain is settled for.
- Always pick a reputable dealer and you should also go to shops that are not in your locality. Checking up on the Internet is also a great thing. The most famous of gold dealers have websites. You should check these out and find out whether the testing techniques applied on gold items are genuine. The identification papers are a must ask when you are selling gold.
There are a host of precious stones and gems that can transform your life when you wear them. Here are the 2 expensive stones which have mighty transformational powers in humans. Here goes:
- Amber: This stone has had a time honored tradition of being an energizing and healing property. Used extensively in some cultures, amber with its orange tinge can be truly a purifier of the human heart. Men and women who have worn this stone have spoken about the energetic and positive energy that the stone exudes. This is a yellowish stone, one that transforms the bad force into something that is clear and better. This stone is widely worn in times of illness and can help nurture the life force and emotional desires in the right direction. Amber also activates the life force and promotes wellness in humans and those who wear these. There is increased metabolism and flow of energy into the many parts of the body. This stone is excellent for the well-being of your eyes and your sense organs. It brings about a period of good luck and is very sensual and magnetic. Amber is also known to have been a nice healer for those who are aggressive and very volatile.
- Amethyst: This stone is known for its rich hue and is known for purifying and expanding the human longevity. It can also aid meditation and is known to have a calming influence on your body. It also curbs over- indulgence and can heal unhealthy habits. By balancing the nervous system and brain, amethyst can actually resonate positivity and direction in humans after you wear it.
Dealing in jewellery can be very profitable and therapeutic. You should be able to be your own boss and work according to your special needs and requirements. This profession also allows you to spend incredible amounts of time doing whatever you do and add in more jewels and sparkle in others’ lives. Here are some things to remember how to run a successful jewellery business:
- Never ever lack a commitment to your customers and always have a certain degree of procrastination and good marketing strategy is beneficial for a jewellery business. Always set limits that could help you stay on target. Read up jewellery websites and blogs and learn from those who run jewellery businesses. Getting to know what your competitor does is imperative to stay ahead in the jewellery business.
- Try and set up a jewellery studio and have a steady line of designers and fashion consultants who can advise you on popular styles and trends. The more productive and creative your team, the better business prospects for you as an owner.
- A round-the-clock work schedule is a must in this business. With jewellery and metal prices fluctuating almost regularly, this is an imperative for a well done job.
- Setting up an online portal is also a must can be very useful in spreading your business and help creating awareness about your company and the items on sale. You should also read reviews and other posts online and help decide on business moves.
- Always prefer to have a few teaching sessions with leading gemologists and gem dealers and do workshops in your city. Online tutorials and online kits on selling jewellery can be a very good thing. This can help kick-start a good career in gems and metals.
With gold jewellery undergoing resurgence in recent times, the jewellery buying season never seems to end. You can make a living doing all the buying and selling of jewellery if you wish to. The job of a jewellery buyer can be quite a detailed job with a lot of background checks. The detailing counts and you need a lot of practice and mastery in how to deal with procedure while buying jewellery. Here are a few pointers in that regard:
- Determine your likes and dislikes and find out the market trends. Know the colour, weight and shapes of stones and gems. These should also have a certain purity and clarity which you need to make yourself aware of. To have a good hint of jewellery and stones is a must for becoming a successful jewellery buyer. You can ask around and find out what the latest trends in stones are. A bit of intuition and advice can stand you in good stead.
- Apply to training organization and help increase knowledge on jewellery and the art of making jewellery.
- Understanding between the fake and the pure is always must. Real jewellery needs a tester who can identify between the ones that are fake and the ones which are not. Try and be cautious and not get fooled at all.
- A good analytical power is must for you too and is a big factor of consideration. You should be able to differentiate between the colour and quality.
- You also have to master your buying skills and learn the techniques of fashion. Being sensitive toward the customers and their needs is a must.
Scrap gold can have a lot of utility when gold prices increase and the financial condition is in doldrums. You can carefully select gold items, teeth ,dental fillings, bars, nuggets that can be sold over the counter and that can fetch you the right price if you exchange the scrap gold for a handsome sum of money. Many gold dealers always calculate the price of gold in secret and often you have no idea about the actual value of scrap gold at all. You can keep a few things in mind and then go ahead and get the best price for your wares.
Remember these key points to get the best value of scrap gold:
- Separate your scrap gold in terms of karat weight and then assess its value. Make sure the weight is determined correctly and also find out if the gold is real. This in itself helps you determine whether the gold is real or not.
- Always use the magnifying glass to decipher the karat value on each piece of gold that is considered scrap. This is a long drawn procedure and can in many occasions be the decisive factor in determining the true value of your gold. An unreadable value of this can be tested by a reputable dealer and this can be ascertained if you perform a test.
- Always test purchase the acid and check for the genuineness of the yellow metal by melting it in nitric acid. The acid allows the gold to resist it and not change at all. The acid then turns brown indicating the lowest carat.
If a diamond is a forever for you, you must follow a few tips that can go a long way in ensuring that you get the best price at selling your precious diamonds. The costs of diamonds is fast reaching a high and the taste for it increasing manifold. Since diamonds have no quantifiable melt value like gold, many inexperienced sellers can become confused and a bit overwhelmed. You should follow a few things when you actually set out to sell gold.
There are certain things you should follow when you sell your diamonds. Keep in mind the following tips when you consider hocking your expensive white stone.
- Always know what you are selling beforehand. Diamonds need a qualified appraisal and you should rush to a designated appraiser for a quality check to get a better picture of the marketability of your stone. A qualified appraiser can give you the best and unbiased opinion of the quality of the stone and its characteristics and condition. Keep in mind the positives and negatives of the stone and that can be a valuable asset you carry on when you sell your custom piece.
- Remember not to spend too much money on a formal assessment. Always visit two or more shops to get a range of opinions. You can get your stone checked for free if you carefully check into a store that has a pawnbroker and a diamond buyer. If you do so, you can get a solid idea of the specifications of your stone. The state of your stone and its marketability can be thus understood.
- Always set a good price for your stone. Never rate your stone much higher than what it actually costs. If you analyse your stone first hand, you get a better picture of how much your stone can actually cost. Always put forward a presentable figure one that is not unrealistic. You can actually have two approaches to determining the right price.
- Always look at the prices yourself. Check out comparable diamonds up for sale in the market. You should always beware of the fact that a pre-worn jewel can cost you higher than others. Many are looking for a bargain but you should know better and sell the piece well.
- Always investigate the options for selling your diamonds. You can sell your wares to jewellers or go for individual buyers who can pay you top price. Negotiate well and always get the best price.
If you are a precious metals investor then here some bare facts that can startle you. Silver can be a good investment these days and the availability of the ratio of silver to gold has a direct impact on prices of these metals. If you average the current availability ratio of silver to gold stands at 3:1. This is one of the contributing factors to why silver is gaining much foreground and is getting to be noticed more than gold.
The numbers are compelling case in this debate on whether or not to buy more silver than gold. The average annual gold production is now touching 80 million ounces which is more than the combined average of 50 million ounces of annual recycled gold. Around 130 million ounces of gold is available each year. If you compare silver production in a year, you can find that it averages 750 million ounces. Recycled silver also is fast catching up and is available rampantly in the market. Around 250 million ounces of silver does the rounds of precious metals production. There is effectively 8 times more of silver that is available in the market. The physical availability of silver has far exceeded that of gold.
As an investor you should buy more of silver these days than gold. The reasons are just not about rampant availability but that of market trends. This uptrend in buying silver is showing no signs of a slowdown and this would impact the sales of precious metals in the international market.
If these are credible reasons enough for you, go ahead and seal the deal in silver and bag the best prices!
Want to gift your wife an expensive set of jewellery? Don’t have a clue about gifting jewels and accessories? Buying jewellery for the woman you love can be a simple task if you follow some basic rules. Gifting jewellery can be a very romantic and thoughtful gesture. Pieces of jewellery can express your lasting love, affection and devotion as a man, naturally. The enduring, mystique and appeal of jewellery makes it splendid gift and is a must-buy for most men.
Here are some basic tips that can guide you to make that right buy:
- Try to figure out your wife’s tastes in jewellery. Many women have extravagant jewellery boxes which provide an insight into her tastes and likes. Most have an individual style and favorite jewels. Try to figure out what your wife likes. Observe her tastes and wearing styles. If she has some specific likes and aspirations try to figure that out. Figure out subtle details about her wardrobe that can go a long way in figuring her style.
- Jewellery is always a reflection of one’s personality. If your wife is conservative in nature you should choose jewellery that is classical and old-fashioned in style. If your wife is a thorough career woman who goes to work in formals every day, choose jewellery items that are cutting-edge and fashionable. Lifestyle here is also a critical consideration before you gift the ultimate piece or set.
- Word of mouth is also a very good way of finding out what’s hot and what’s not. Styles and trends are ever-changing and finding out the latest drifts in fashion is a must before you go buy that necklace or ring.
When you gift a jewellery item make sure you do so on important dates. Women like celebrating occasions and like it when their husbands remember these occasions too. Gifting jewellery becomes all so much easy and nice if you remember these crucial yet simple points! Happy gifting and create magic!